Business Operations Manager Skills
Below we’ve compiled a list of the most important Business Operations Manager Skills. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of Business Operations Manager resumes they appeared on. For example, 17.4% of Business Operations Manager resumes contained Financial Statements as a skill.
Let’s find out what skills a Business Operations Manager actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace. These are the most important skills for a Business Operations Manager:
1. Financial Statements
- Marketed merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Prepared financial statements and variance analysis, reporting monthly results delivering opportunities to achieve financial targets.
- Prepared documents for the annual audits and participated with an auditor to prepare accurate Financial Statements.
- Determined marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Reviewed financial statements and data utilizing said financial data to improve profitability.
2. Business Operations
- Managed the daily business operations and overall activities of the Primary Care clinics including strategic planning and improvement processes.
- Started as office manager and quickly promoted to manager of business operations with responsibility for all administrative functions.
- Managed, developed, monitored, and communicated all facets of daily business operations.
- Provided critical guidance in ensuring the Business Operations organization achieved ISO 9000 requirements.
- Streamlined business operations to significantly improve the overall financial health of the company.
3. Business Development
- Accelerated customer growth by tracking historical data and educating business development on successful industry practices.
- Assisted other departments with new business development, operations training, and new product development.
- Lead strategic local marketing initiatives that help drive brand awareness and business development.
- Constructed a comprehensive business development plan with the goal of increasing clinic patient capacity.
- Support Business Development by evaluating the deals from a commercial perspective.
4. Human Resources
- Directed Human Resources and provided administration for all aspects of office operations for this technology consulting and manufacturing solutions company.
- Managed Human Resources Department and ensured compliance with state and federal regulations and requirements.
- Performed human resources duties, effectively hiring, training, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Established and updated Personnel Policies Manual and implemented human resources programs.
- Managed human resources and administrative departments for the branch office.
5. Business Requirements
- Designed and executed test plans to ensure that business requirements and functional specifications are tested and fulfilled.
- Designed and created templates for reporting functionality based on business requirements and finance process management procedures.
- Create Functional Designs outlining technical and business requirements pertaining to new quoting tools and reporting requirements.
- Provided detailed design requests and use cases to Information Technology based upon business requirements.
- Developed new technology business requirements to align with new processes and procedures.
6. Project Management
- Included implementation of dynamic project management methodologies based on the proposed solution.
- Project Management: Successfully managed solution launches to schedule.
- Manage all aspects of the financial and sales strategies while providing project management for all general construction operations within the company.
- Provided direction to leasing, project management, and operations teams to optimize real estate commercial and residential asset values.
- Used my project management skills, continuous process improvement approach, and collaboration skills to accomplish our segment goals.
7. Process Improvement
- Analyzed and identified operational inefficiencies to determine and implement process improvements surrounding management reporting, information flow, and organizational planning.
- Worked to identify process improvement opportunities including the identification of training needs and proper updates to support documentation.
- Identify and implement effective controls and process improvements to ensure continuous alignment with JPMC operational standards.
- Identified opportunities for process improvement and led/developed recommendations and provided insight for management.
- Established teams to identify process improvements and determine the most valuable improvements.
8. Daily Operations
- Credited with improving overall daily operations by researching, initiating, and implementing new business processes.
- Managed and prepared all required daily operations reports, financial reports, and regulatory tracking reports.
- Monitored daily operations, recommended improved courses of action considering logistics components and costs.
- Managed daily operations and ensured internal controls complied with Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
- Manage daily operations, supervise personnel.
9. Revenue Growth
- Identified and developed new streams of business for long-term revenue growth and maintained relationships with customers to achieve repeat/ referral business.
- Co-directed sales, marketing & operations teams over multiple properties to successfully drive revenue growth a minimum of 5% year-over-year.
- Initiated two key partnerships (ESPN and Colgate), which resulted in a 30% revenue growth.
- Established a robust business development program; achieved six-year annual revenue growth averaging a 15% increase per year.
- Maintained steady year over year revenue growth while keeping expenses flat over a six-year period.
10. Annual Budget
- Prepare annual budgets for operating expenses, revenue personnel, capital equipment, and capital improvement.
- Achieved financial objectives by preparing the annual budget, scheduling expenditures, and analyzing variances.
- Developed, Administered, Reconciled & Monitored Annual Budgets, Grants, Research, General Ledger & Capital Accounts.
- Controlled $15M annual budget and successfully launched call centers in Dublin, Ireland, India, and China.
- Managed the budgeting/forecasting process for Customer Care Centers ($60 million annual budget per center).
11. Financial Management
- Leveraged financial management, project management, and performance analysis expertise to optimize project processes and improve operational efficiency.
- Evaluated and improved business processes and financial management procedures resulting in a double increase in revenues.
- Formalized and controlled financial management processes; setting and monitoring goals and performance.
- Provided comprehensive administrative and financial management for all aspects of grant awards.
- Instructed and taught Quarterly Corporate Project Financial Management Training.
12. Key Performance Indicators
- Presented key performance indicators and release metrics during post-implementation reviews to evaluate release quality, timeliness, and customer satisfaction.
- Developed operational and financial key performance indicators and reporting both for upper management and client management resources.
- Defined operational metrics and key performance indicators to establish goals and manage the business.
- Analyzed trends for key performance indicators to identify correlations and drive improvement.
- Deliver results as a Sales and Service leader by driving key performance indicators & brand loyalty through leading the brand associates.
13. Management System
- Maintain a cash management system to meet disbursement requirements including PeopleSoft approvals, invoice coding, and purchase order accruals.
- Managed integration of marketing programs for Buick Motor Division leveraging its relationship marketing database and lead management system
- Reduced breakage by over 15% via the implementation of enterprise-wide inventory control and management system.
- Developed a management system that effectively monitored progress toward achieving goals and improving partner satisfaction.
- Established and maintain an electronic management system for all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
14. Day-To-Day Operations
- Cleared dealership-to-dealership roadblocks that ensured seamless delivery of projects and services resulting in less disruption of day-to-day operations between locations.
- Managed all day-to-day operations including staffing decisions and performance evaluation for the company’s 100 people internal advertising agency.
- Managed the day-to-day operations of the business, including exceptional customer service and support.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of a successful family-owned and operated restaurant.
- Managed the firm’s fiscal day-to-day operations, including accounts receivable/payable and payroll.
15. Operational Efficiencies
- Partner with cross-functional departments (Technical Operations/Customer Service/Marketing) to, improve operational efficiencies and deliver a superior customer experience.
- Explore technology currently being used and evaluate additional technology for the expansion of services or increased operational efficiencies.
- Drive operational efficiencies through customer-focused process improvement metrics, utilizing Lean principles.
- Establish and implement strategies to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Led warehouse improvement initiatives to advance operational efficiencies.